Friday, August 23, 2013

Listen to Your Body!

Listening to your body is one of the most important things you can do! In my case, I am not running for anyone but myself and can do what I feel like. Some days what I feel like doing is nothing, which is not usually the right answer, but it can be.

Yesterday, doing nothing was the right answer for me. I was supposed to run 2 miles per my training plan, but I woke up and my legs were still hurting from a previous run, I had a splitting headache and my bed was just too comfy to get out of. So, I stayed in bed for an extra hour instead of getting up and running.

I made up for it this morning because Andy left for PT at his usual time and I never fell back asleep. Instead of laying in bed and checking up on Facebook, Instagram, and emails (what I usually do when I don't run in the morning) I was productive! I did my 2 miles and they felt awesome! I felt rested and my body was feeling good, it was also nice and cool out and the sun was just coming up. It was a pretty perfect morning run and I am glad I did it.


You just have to listen to yourself and see what is best for you that day. There is no rule saying you have to follow your training plan 100%, you can make adjustments as you see fit. If that was the rule, I would be a serious rule breaker.

What do you do? Do you stick to your training plan mile to mile? Or just go on what your body is telling you?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with this, my knee has been bugging me and I took 2 days off. Best decision ever, I feel rested and ready to go. :)

    ReplyDelete