Thursday, December 26, 2013

What a Wonderful Christmas!

Tuesday night we headed to the New Post Chapel for Christmas Eve candlelight service. It was the first time I had been in the chapel and it is beautiful! The service was lovely and a wonderful way to start Christmas. After the service we came home, put on our new Christmas jammies and watched It's A Wonderful Life, just like I have done every Christmas Eve for as long as I can remember.


Christmas morning has arrived! We had set the coffee pot for brew before we went to bed so there was a wonderful pot waiting for us when we woke up (or when the dogs woke us up at 7am). When I was little, I was not allowed to touch a present until my mom had her coffee made, and that was because when she was little, she also had to sit at the top of the stairs and wait for my grandfather to make coffee before they could come down and open presents. I am sure this is something we will also do when we have kids! (it's the little traditions that make the holidays great).


We got our coffees and started the fun of opening presents! We both got eachother some great things, but I won't share every detail with you. I will mention that we both got new running shoes! Great minds think alike, and lets face it, if you know us personally then you know that Andy and I are pretty much the same person! I got a new pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire 9s that I have been wanting and I got Andy the brand new Saucony Guide 7s. Couples that run together stay together, right? haha


I also received the Up24 by Jawbone! A while back I did a post about the FitBit Flex vs. the Jawbone Up. Well someone must have read my blog haha. Andy did even better and got the brand new Up24 by Jawbone. This one is better than the normal Up because the Up24 is bluetooth so it updates in real time instead of having to plug it into your phone. I absolutely love it and I have only been using it for a day! Maybe I will do a post next week and give you the full rundown of all the great things this gadget can do!


It was just me and Andy yesterday since we could not fly home this year and our families had just come out to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving. It was the first time I had not been with my mom on Christmas which was weird, but I had my wonderful husband and our two fur babies and that makes it much better! We did a mini-dinner and just relaxed all day, it was great! I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as ours!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys had a great Christmas together! :)

    ReplyDelete