Friday, April 26, 2013

Skirts!

So, on Tuesday and Wednesday I decided to go to the gym and hit the treadmill. I did 2.5 miles both days, at a decent pace. 2.5 miles might seem like nothing to a lot of people, but it is better than sitting on the couch watching TV all night (which is what I did yesterday). And, considering I haven't run other than the mud run in about a month, this was a fine spot for me. Plus, I am not trying to impress anyone at the gym, just get back in shape and feel good.

Speaking of feeling good, I ordered two running skirts last week and they arrived last night, and I am so excited to try them out! I feel that if you are comfortable when you are working out, you really will have a better workout. The first is the Fila Flounce Skirt, it is actually a tennis skirt. And, the second is the Brooks PR Mesh Skort II.

The Fila skirt is hot pink, and if you know me, you know I love pink. Clearly, being fashionable at the gym or on a run through the neighborhood is not the first priority. But, I might as well like what I am wearing and if a pink skirt makes me feel good, then so be it! I am excited to try this one out, though when I tried it on last night I couldn't determine if the shorts under the skirt would ride up, I guess I will find out tonight when I go for a run. If they don't then there is a good change of more colors being added to my collection, for only $24 on 6pm.com how could I say no.

The Brooks skort might end up becoming my favorite. It fits well, is long enough (which is super important to me since I am 5'11") and has rubber gripping on the hem of the shorts so they stay in place. I think I will try these out on Saturday and will let you know what I think! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment