Monday, September 22, 2014

The Start of a Bedroom Redo

This past weekend Andy had mentioned that he might want to look for a new comforter. Ours is about a year and a half old and has seen better days (guess that is what happens when we let our pups on the bed all the time). This is our old set:

We decided to go with a duvet, instead of a new comforter set, that way it is much easier to just take it off and toss it in the wash when muddy puppy feet get on it. And then we were off to Target!

I had a cartwheel coupon for 10% off Threshold bedding. If you don't have the cartwheel app, you need to get it right now, best thing ever. Anyway, we made our way to Target but didn't really find anything that we loved, and there is no point in buying something that we didn't like just because we had a coupon.

We then made our way to Bed Bath and Beyond (good thing they are in the same shopping center!). I knew that even though they were more expensive that Target, they would have tons of options, so we decided to check it out. We found a Trina Turk set that I had seen online/other blogs/instagram/etc and I really loved, and lucky us, it was on clearance! We got the duvet, two standard shams and two euro shams for 50% off the original price!


I love the way it looks, but now I want to redo our whole master bedroom! First off is new sheets. We currently have cream sheets, and it just doesn't go with the white in the new set. I am thinking white, or navy, or maybe white with some navy trim.

We have these really pretty lamps (in the picture at the top) that we bought from Cracker Barrel, of all places, last year. They matched out previous bed set perfectly, and I do not want to swap them out just because we changed the bedding.


I am wanting to do some navy and white throw pillows for the bed to tie in the blue from the lamps. I am going to pick up some fabric and make these awesome DIY pillows. I am also thinking about getting some navy curtains, but we will see. Everything goes with navy so even when we change out bedding our room will still have those navy accents to pull everything together.

I really love decorating/re-decorating and I also love finding ways to update a room without spending a ton of money. Now, I am off to put a million things in my virtual shopping carts from different sites and decided what we want!

Do you love to change up rooms in your house every once and a while?

What are your best money saving tips on decorating?

On an unrelated note, I ordered this clutch last week and I love it so I wanted to share! It is by Aldo and I got it from 6pm.com. It is the perfect size and makes me miss NYC like crazy!


2 comments:

  1. I love the new duvet cover!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I love your new NYC clutch - there's no place like home :)

    ReplyDelete