Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Big Move!

I know in my last few posts I have hinted at a move coming up. When we moved to Oklahoma in June, we knew it would only be for a few months. Andy was sent here for school which would last about 6 months. They started in the middle of July and he will graduate in early February. Then, exactly one month from today we will be on the road again!

Andy received his orders a few months ago, but I didn't want to say anything because the Army changes stuff like that all the time and I didn't want to jinx it. But, now that it is only a month away, I can officially say that we are moving to.... Fort Carson in Colorado Springs, CO!!!!

We are so excited about this next step! When Andy received the list of options for his next post, it was a long one. He asked me where I wanted to go, and I told him I didn't really care, it was whatever was the best opportunity for his career. I am very easy going and would live anywhere. Plus, I work from home and can work from anywhere within the continental US, so I was good with anything. He had to submit is top three choices, and Fort Carson was his number one. We were very happy that he got his first choice!

I am soooo excited that we are moving to Colorado Springs. It is supposed to be beautiful and there is so much to do, between shopping, dining, museums, outdoor fun, and lots of chances for running races! (I have tentatively added a few to the calender for when we get there).

Have you ever been to or lived in the Colorado Springs area? Do you have favorites of the town? I would love to hear from you if you do, or if you just want to say hi!

1 comment: