Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Jawbone Up24 Review

A while ago I did a post on the FitBit Flex vs the Jawbone Up. I knew I wanted one, but didn't know which was best for me. Well, on Christmas morning my husband surprised me with a Jawbone Up24! This is the newest version, it wasn't even out when I did my comparison. I was so excited and have been wearing it every day since Christmas!


The Up24 comes in two colors, onyx (black) and persimmon (orange). I got the persimmon and love it, I am a bright color kinda girl! They also come in three sizes, so you get just the right fit. I got the large and it is great, a little lose but fits just fine. I think the medium would have been too snug and would bother me throughout the day and night.

That's right, you wear this baby all day and night. During the day it tracks your steps and activity, and also allows your to log your food/drink intake and your mood throughout the day. Then, at night you set it for sleep mode and it tracks yours sleep. I love both modes because it makes me much more aware of what I do during the day and how I sleep. You can also view your trends and see your most active/inactive days and sleep.

Lets talk more about the two modes.


In awake mode your step and fitness get tracked throughout the day (most people should strive to hit at least 10,000 steps a day). It is great because it gives you real time updates since the Up24 made the improvement and it now syncs directly to your phone instead of plugging it in, as long as you have an iPhone. This was one of the drawbacks of the Up so I was excited for this feature. You can set it to vibrate if you have been inactive for too long. I have mine set to buzz me if I have been inactive for an hour. You can also set it for the start and stop of a workout that way you get credit for those more active times (even if it not a walking/running based activity). It is great and it really makes you aware of how active or not you are during the day.


In sleep mode it will tell you when you fell asleep, when you woke up and how you slept. It shows your deep sleep and light sleep along when when and how long you woke up throughout the night. I really like the sleep tracker because I find myself going to bed earlier because I want to hit my goal for the night, which is much better than staying up until midnight watching crappy TV. You need enough sleep to be able to function well the following day (about 8 hours a night for most people) and I want to be able to hit that goal every night (and I usually do!).

Needless to say, I am in love with this little gadget! I think everyone should have one because it helps you live a healthier lifestyle, and who couldn't stand to be a little more healthy? It makes you more aware of the little things throughout the day and makes you want to strive to beat your own goals which is great in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment