Monday, September 16, 2013

Devil Dog Run and Two Happys!

On Saturday we actually got to sleep in! That's right, we slept until 6:20am which is sleeping in on a Saturday lately since we get up at 5:30am for our training group on most Saturdays. This Saturday we missed training (and so did half our group) because we participated in the Devil Dog Run.


The Devil Dog Run is a 5k and 10k. This year was the 20th and it is a run put on by the Marine detachment here at Fort Sill. I think there were probably around 600 participants, but I could be wrong. It was a lot of fun and a very well organized event, compared to the last 5k that we did.


I participated in the 5k and Andy did the 10k. It was a lot of fun, but a very hard course. My first and third miles were pretty good, but I could have gone without mile number two. Mile number two was killer because it was pretty much all hills. Clearly I need to do more hill work because that mile was not any fun and it showed in my time. O well, I still had a blast and would do it all over again! And, Andy was an awesome husband and met up with me on my last .2 miles and helped me finish strong. (He finished his race before me since the 10k had an earlier start time, and he is a much faster runner than I.) Plus. Andy won in the raffle and got passes to go to some haunted house tour in town so we will have to check that out!


The rest of our Saturday was spent relaxing. Andy worked on a paper and I relaxed like a boss! Then we watched Gods and Generals (all 4.5 hours of it), with a dinner intermission. Sunday was also full of house cleaning/yard work/relaxing some more. It also included football and a trip to Target for me!

The two things that made me happy this Sunday, my husband and puppy in their Packers jerseys (don't worry, there is a Jets jersey on the way that should be here tomorrow!) Those boys sure do love their football!


And, my new Philip Lim for Target purse. By looking at instagram yesterday morning I was a little worried about what I would be able to get my hands on. There were some Targets with lines hours before the store opened and the Philip Lim stock was out within minutes. And, all of the purses are now sold out online. I guess that's one good thing about living in southern Oklahoma, my store was fully stocked (and probably still is)! I grabbed this lovely and am tempted to go back for another (the large taupe one).


Hope you all have a wonderful day!

1 comment: