Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Weekend Recap (A Day Late)

I had a wonderful weekend here in Texas! My mom and aunt flew in on Friday night from North Carolina to visit me for the weekend. It was so great to have them here, probably the last time they will be in El Paso (unless the Army sends us back here after Captains Career Course).


Their flight got here a little late, so what do you do at the airport when you are waiting? Well, go to Starbucks of course! I enjoyed my coffee and banana nut bread while waiting for them, as I watched the rain. That's right, it rained here in El Paso. I don't remember the last time it rained here, maybe 3 or 4 months ago.



On Saturday we did a lot of running around. We went to Saddleblanket, a great southwest store down here. My mom likes to go there every time she comes to visit. They have tons of southwest pottery, jewelry, housewares (even furniture). But, my favorite thing to look at there are the cowboy boots. They carry Montana Boots, the only place in town that sells them I think. I have had my eye on these blue bird boots for about a year and a half now, but with a ticket price of $329 I just wasn't going to do it. Well, apparently they are no longer going to carry the boots, so they are getting rid of their stock. I would be my luck that the one pair of vintage blue birds that they had left were my size and only $119, how could I say no!?!? Needless to say, they are now in my collection and I am very excited about it! Then we went to eat and saw Pain and Gain, which was really good, and kind of hard to believe it is a true story, I would suggest it (plus, who doesn't like looking at Marky Mark)

Sunday was spent with me taking them on a Mother's Day brunch. We went to a great place called Geske's and it was wonderful. We had the best server and the food was delish! Then we took Jimmy to the dog park and he had a blast playing fetch. Monday we went to the mall and I did some damage at Old Navy (as usual), then to lunch at another great place called Crave, followed by seeing Iron Man 3 in 3D.

It was so wonderful to have them here this weekend, but now they are back to NC today. I hope you all had as much fun this weekend as I did, even though there was no running or gym sessions involved. I'll be back at it tonight.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you have a good time with family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a wonderful long Mother's Day weekend celebration - I had a great time with you (as always) - I miss you already and can't wait til next time when I see you & Andy in Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete