Thursday, May 1, 2014

I'm Only Half Crazy (x2)

The day has come, I gave in and registered for a half marathon last week! I am so excited/nervous because I have never run that long, but I know I can do it (even if I have to crawl to the finish). Last year I completed a quarter marathon, and this year I already have some 10ks on the list, but I wanted to up it even more, so I registered for the Half on the Fourth here in Colorado Springs! This will be my first half marathon and Andy's second.

We also knew that The Rock and Roll Marathon and Half was coming to Denver in October!


We wanted to participate but thought we had a 10-miler the day prior, so that wasn't going to work. We found out that Rock and Roll has a half marathon 2-person relay and through that would be manageable. Well, I did a little more checking and turns out, we do not have a 10-miler the day before. So, I signed up for the half and Andy signed up for the full! (maybe next year will be my first full, baby steps).

I am so excited for both of these races! The Half on the Fourth looks like a really nice course right through a park and seems to be pretty flat (unlike our race this coming Saturday, that one will be full of big hills). Then the Rock and Roll is right through Denver and has live music all throughout the course. If you have ever done a Rock and Roll race, I would love to know what you thought of it!

Now, on to training!

1 comment: