Monday, March 24, 2014

Pinterest Coming to Life and CNNiReport

I have been wanting a bib/medal hanger for a while now, and saw some that I really liked on Etsy, but didn't want to spend $50 on one as that would end up being $100 for two (one for me and one for Andy). I also found some on Pinterest that seemed easy enough, so I decided that we would make them!

Yesterday afternoon we hit up Michael's and got two wood plaques, two colors of acrylic paint, sponge brushes and a paint pen. They didn't have they type of hooks that I wanted (L shaped hook), so we went across the street to Lowe's and got some hooks there. The total cost to make two was about $40.

We got home and we were excited to start our Sunday project! We set up a folding table in the garage and covered it with a big trash bag to keep the table safe of paint. Then we set our wood plaques on two solo cups, that way you can easily paint the edges of the wood without having to pick it up. We did three coats of paint as the wood soaks up the paint. Then we drilled little holes and screwed in our hooks. After that I did some writing on the top and we were ready to hang them!



I am so happy with how they came out, through I do not have the best handwriting, they still look great! It was also a lot of fun to go through the bibs and medals that we have and remember all of those fun races, we cannot wait to add more this year!

Plus these are something that we made together instead of buying, and we saved $60!

And, as an added bonus, while we were at the gym yesterday morning, I got an Instagram notification from a producer at CNN. She was working on their CNNiReport and wanted to use one of my pictures of the tumbleweeds from last week. Well, it made CNN! Here is the link, and a little screen shot of their website (though she should have said March 18th instead of March 28th, since that hasn't happened yet, but still, pretty awesome!)



Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!



1 comment: